Monday, November 7, 2011

Maggie's Law

Maggie's Law states that: as soon as you give her a thorough bath, she will become dirty.

The Law played out this morning during a trek at Glen Canyon. Maggie decided not to cross the makeshift bridge (a plank of wood) across a black, muddy creek that was in the middle of the path. She decided to go around the bridge by rooting her paws into the tar-colored mud puddle with much hesitation.

Yesterday, I had just given her a thorough fruit-scented bath. Thankfully, her "self-cleaning" fur managed to clean off by itself by the time we got back to the car that my initial horror and disappointment was not really necessary. I am starting to realize the finer points of the Shiba Inu coat.

Maggie feeling like she's on top of the world after finding a muddied tennis ball.

"Do not take this ball away from me, I'm going to take it home."

No comments:

Post a Comment