1. Dog owners not picking up poop. Let's face it. If you're going to have a dog, the poop pickup is part of owning a dog. No exception.
(except maybe if your dog poop is really runny and decides to do it in a bunch of tall grass)
I can't stand how every corner of San Francisco is littered with dog poop. (some human too!!)
2. Dogs sticking their head out of a car in motion. It looks truly fun for the dog, but it can be quite dangerous for both the dog and the driver. Cell phone drivers also drive me nuts, but you're not really doing your dog a favor by putting it in danger. If you must, have someone in the passenger seat restrain the dog while it sticks its head out the window. Simple.
3. Dog owners getting sooo upset after a bit of scuffle at the dog park. Another fact of life. Dogs get into arguments, just like humans. If you are so upset by even the slightest possibility that another dog may attack your dog, keep it out of dog parks. Dogs that attack other dogs must be controlled but that is not to say that your dog may become aggressive if instigated by another dog. I know, because Maggie gets a little feisty when a dog she doesn't like attempts to dominate her.
4. "Dog Biscuits" sold at Petco. There are doggie treat bars near the cash register at Petco that sell human cookies made to look like they are for dogs. I read the ingredients list and it contains everything that a creme cookie for humans would. Sugar, flour, butter, etc. It's like they decided to take some old cookies that people didn't buy and sell it to dogs. Not cool. I can assure you this is the way to foster obese pets. Don't even think about buying them!! (unless you're going to eat them)
I'm not even going to start with all the other "junk" pet foods that these stores have to offer.
5. People that bring dogs into stores that are clearly not for pets and those who have bogus "service dog" dogs. It really irks me to see people with their chihuahuas inside Safeway or Walgreen's. Your dog does not belong in these places. It isn't really their fault that they were able to get a "service dog" status for their chihuahuas or shi tzus, but you know it's BS and they know it too. Don't abuse privileges for people that actually need dogs to live their lives.
|Maggie says: "Follow the Rules."|
I believe people do not have the right to own dogs if they cannot follow such simple rules. And if you can't even follow these rules, I say don't even think about having kids!!!
This is not really directed to the reader (you), but I hope that one day people will grow a brain and realize this since I see so much of this going on everyday, everywhere.